Mar 6, 2012

A little home embellishment

I found an adorable little blue pillow at Ikea one day, and the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was how good it would look, embellished with our Spice Cake fabric (which is still available, it’s on the carry-over list from the Holiday Mini!).

I started with the fabric rosettes and ruffled ribbon, but I still had some buttons sitting on the table and sometimes I have trouble knowing when to stop :) I think it turned out really well, and I will be submitting one for the Stampin’ Up! Home Decor and ‘Cute as a Button’ contests coming up in the next few months.

P3010410   P3010415   P3010416

I sewed a line along the middle of the ribbon and ruched it, then used hot glue along the centre to stick it down. The rosettes are circles of fabric that I cut with our Big Shot dies, then sewed along the edge, gathered and sewed shut, the sewed or glued a button on top. The rosettes and individual buttons were also hot glued onto the cushion, and ‘toddler-tested’ – my 18-month old was very excited to touch this pillow!

Thanks for looking!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment