Dec 30, 2011

Handmade Christmas

This year, hubby and I decided to give handmade Christmas and Hanukkah gifts. This would have been pretty good, except for the fact that Hanukkah and Christmas overlapped this year, and we were invited to a LOT of parties!

Several people got sets of handmade tile coasters and trivets. I used Travertine Chiaro 4 x 4 tiles, purchased at Home Depot. I had to go in quite a bit to look through the boxes of tiles, to try and put together a full box of good-condition tiles, ones without too many pits or holes. This was one of the results:
I used several stamp sets for this project, mostly retired. The 'Imagine' is from Word Play, which is in the current IB&C. Other sets are 'Favorite Thoughts' for the sentiments, 'Because I Care', 'Simply Soft', and 'Strength and Hope'. 

Check back in a few days for more handmade gift ideas!
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment