Aug 9, 2011

Tri-fold Shutter Cards

I'm really enjoying these new tri-fold shutter cards! Here are a couple I made the other night, we had an anniversary party on Monday and the red one I designed for that. I am working on a tutorial and am trying to do a video tutorial so bear with me! In the meantime, here are the cards:

This card uses a Soft Suede base, Paisley Petals DSP and some Baja Breeze cardstock, and Very Vanilla for the layers. I also used the Fun Flowers die, Eyelet border punch, and Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbon.
Stamps were Occasional Quotes, Very Vintage Wheel, and Something to Celebrate.
Ink is Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake.
The flower layers were embossed with the Polka Dots and Square Lattice embossing folders
 This one has a Real Red base, with Whisper White layers and Presto Patterns DSP on the largest sections. I also used the Music Notes and Very Vintage wheels, Occasional Quotes and Something to Celebrate for the anniversary statement. All stamps were done in Going Gray ink, as was the edge sponging. The front section has a 1-3/4" scallop circle flower and a medallion made with a strip of paper 11" x 1", accordion folded. Antique brads were used for the centres. The back section has a flower made with paper daisies and pearls, and a 5/8" white satin bow.


3 comments:

  1. Shelly,

    These are fabulous! I love the tri fold cards and while they look quite complex, they are really pretty easy to make. I love both of these. Thanks so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I have never made a trifold shutter card...they scare me! LOL I better give it a try, 'cuz they are lovely! Thanks for playing bthe Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to give one of these a try now as well. They came out great! The DSP really makes them complete. I really like the flowers you made. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete