Aug 28, 2011

I'm back! And my mojo came with me!

We just got back late last night from vacation (a week at a cottage resort) and I missed my craft room sooo much! You know it's bad when you're suffering withdrawal and fingering the commercial cards in a store, thinking you could cut them up to make better cards!

Luckily we have an engagement party later this afternoon that I needed to make a card for, so I had an excuse to disappear down into the Craft Cave after feeding the kids dinner. Five cards and a scrapbook page later, I was done, and feeling much more satidfied with my day's work than I had been. Of course, the fact that it was 4am might have helped with the 'doneness'.

This is one of the projects I made. I belong to a wonderful group of demonstrators called SUDSOL (Simply Unique Demonstrators Sharing Online) and every month there is the opportunity to earn free subscription time by completing a 'participation bingo'. I had the theme challenge covered, and answered the weekly question, so the final thing I needed to do was upload a scrapbook page. I checked the scrapbook sketch challenge and decided to adapt the layout to better suit my photos. Ready to see the end result??



I apologise for the horrible quality of this photo, the camera battery is dead and my phone was upstairs :p This was done with the webcam on my computer then I did a screenshot and cropped it.

I did use retired Playdate DSP and Quick Accents, I want to use it up to make space for some new DSP! This month's promotion is an excellent time to buy more! There are only 3 days left, so if you haven't already, take a moment to look on the website and see all our new choices. Hopefully something will inspire you!



I'll post a couple more of my cards using this DSP over the next couple of days.  Don't forget that the Summer Mini products leave us in 3 days, and the DSP promotion ends on August 31 too! I'm so excited to show you the Holiday Mini - there are some amazing products in there, guaranteed to kick your holiday projects up several notches!

Thanks for looking, and have a great week!


Shelley

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I couldn't leave a message on Sudsol. Just wanted to say thanks for participating in this weeks challenge and you did an awesome job! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete