Jul 17, 2011

Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. I put that **** on everything!

It's true, lol. I just got my first little bottle of smooch spritz on Wedensday, and it's half gone already. I smmoched my cards, I smooched some ribbon, I smooched some buttons... and then it got ridiculous. I tried smooching myself, some shelves in my craft room, random pieces of furniture that I thought could use some bling... I had to remind myself that I would be meeting a family member for the first time tomorrow and should not look like I bathed in body glitter!

That said, I do have some cards to show you! I got my first order from the new catalogue the other day (have you used the new hostess benefits program yet? It's wonderful!), and I couldn't wait to play! Unfortunately I challenged myself to tidy up everything I had out before opening new toys :)

We had a birthday this weekend, so I broke out one of the new hostess sets, Happiest Birthday Wishes, and made this card:
Thank goodness for our super Color Coach, which told me to use Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade (new colours!) with More Mustard from the Regals family. I stamped the large Happy Birthday stamp to create the background with Versamark, then ran that layer through the Polka Dot embossing folder. I decided to round all the corners, just because :)

I attached some knotted ribbon and stuck the layers together with my snail. Then I got out my Lots of Tags sizzlets, used this oval sentiment (which fits the oval in the frame sizzlet perfectly - there's also a punch for this!) and cut it out, with an Island Indigo full tag behind, and added it using dimensionals. Finally I smooch-spritzed the card.

I also wanted to make a little card in similar colours for what I think is the cheapest stamp set in the new catalogue (bar the a la carte stamps). This one is called 'Kindness Matters' and has some beautiful butterflies. I love butterflies :) This one is also on a 3x3 More Mustard base, with a distressed-edge Very Vanilla layer, inks are Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Island Indigo. I used some contraband grosgrain ribbon and an antique brad to finish it off.
This one luckily did not get smooch spritzed, but it hasn't been given away yet!

I do have more to post, but this is good for now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment