Jul 2, 2011

One layer wonder

I belong to an online SU! demonstrators group called SUDSOL. Twice a week, they have a 'Chat & Challenge', and this week, participants were challenged to create a one layer card with no embellishments, ribbons, etc. What's a bling-lovin' girl to do? I pulled out one of my favourite stamp sets, On the Grow, and got to work. About 2 minutes later, I was done!


Turns out that when you're doing a super simple card, it doesn't take very long! I stamped the image and sentiment (I think I spent longest deciding where to put the sentiment in relation to the image!) I coloured it using my Subtles Watercolour Wonder crayons and an aquapainter. It still looked a little bare, so I took my Tempting Turquoise marker and drew a frame around the whole card. Ta da!

I often spend time adding dimension and more colour and embellishment to my cards, so this was a very refreshing change. Give it a shot!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card and love your blog! It is great

    ReplyDelete