Feb 16, 2011

I'm still crafting!!

Just been a little negligent with posting lately. I'm still waiting to get a decent point-and-shoot camera to take better pictures with, although it seems like it will never happen!


This week I've been suffering with laryngitis and my husband has had strep throat, so we've been really miserable. Luckily the kids haven't caught anything and I've had lots of time to read paper-crafting blogs and find some great templates and challenges on the Internet!


I made my son's teacher one similar to this for Valentine's Day, although there were less butterflies. I also added some antennae with a Melon Mambo marker. Cardstock is (I think) Pretty in Pink, with the hearts stamp from the Confetti set stamped in Versamark along the top and bottom, 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon, butterflies cut from Melon Mambo with the Sizzix Embosslits 'Beautiful Wings' die, and the sentiment from A Word For You, also in Melon Mambo. Since I don't have any punches (yet!) I hand cut the oval and edged it with the Melon Mambo marker.  I added the rhinestones for some bling and extra texture! I stuck the butterflies on with 2-way glue, used Snail for the ribbon, and put dimensionals under the oval sentiment.

This is similar to the Valentine's card I made for my husband. Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Stamps: Presents and sentiment from 'Happy Moments'
Embellishments: 5/8" black satin ribbon, SU! rhinestones
Ink: Early Espresso and Marina Mist
All layers stuck with Snail Adhesive.

Under the card you can see a little flyer poking out, my upline, Genevieve is doing a Stamp Camp on March 26th. If you're in the Toronto area, check out her blog for details! Link is on the side.
Another card like the one above, this time using the dots stamp from Confetti and a different sentiment from 'A Word For You'. I only inked part of the sentiment stamp and added the rhinestones on the sides of the oval. Note to self: stamp the sentiment before layering the oval on the card with dimensionals!!!


This card is made from a Real Red base, Basic Black and Whisper White. Stamps are from the Valentine Defined set, and I did the butterflies in Cherry Cobbler. I actually really like the simplicity of this card, and I will probably adapt the template for other occasions, just need to buy the 'Define Your Life' set first! In the background is my wooden tray that I put the Stampin' Up! decor element on, it lives out on my sideboard so people can see it when they come by. I also keep a selection of cards out all the time. They say opportunity knocks, well, I'm ready whenever it does!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelley!! Keep crafting!!! Would love to see more of your cards and ideas :)

    Hope you and hubby are feeling better and bub is showering you with smiles and laughs!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete