Jan 26, 2011

Anxiously waiting...

Yesterday I received one of my pending shipments of Stampin' Up supplies. After attending my first ever workshop, I went onto their website and just looked at the Clearance area, since those products can only be ordered online and I didn't want to spend very much. I ordered on the 17th (late night), it shipped on the 18th, and yesterday it finally arrived! I was anxiously waiting for the UPS guy to ring the bell, and around 5:30pm I looked outside, and spotted the box sitting out in the snow. I'm not entirely sure how long it was sitting there, but as soon as I spotted it, I ran outside, brought it in, and ripped it open.

I bought the 2009-10 In Colors marker set and 12"x12" textured card stock set, Crushed Curry and Really Rust ink pads, Love Bots valentines for my son's classmates, a couple of Stampin' Spots, and a box of Button Latte, well, buttons (pics to follow). I opened everything up to use straight away, although it was a little disappointing to see that the Stampin' Spots were not great, the Soft Sky was incredibly dry and the Old Olive lid had gotten broken somehow. Since they were on clearance I have no idea if they can be replaced or anything, but I am going to find out. The larger ink pads seemed a little dry too but I'm hoping storing them upside down will help.

It's exciting to have card stock and inks that coordinate now, although I still have to wait for my stamps and embellishments to come before I try to make anything with it. The next step will have to be punches - I want to use them for everything, and then I remember I don't have any. Boo-urns.

2 comments:

  1. Hi shelley.
    Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I don't have other photos. The cards are long gone. How exciting that you've found stampin up! I was so hooked after my first workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have followed up on this, Stampin' Up! was quite happy to ship me out two replacement Stampin' Spots, and the ink pads were fine after they were sitting for a day right side up. The Love Bots (boy and girl) went over really well for Valentines Day, there were 30 in each pack so we used them for kindergarten and daycare. A couple of Hershey's Kisses and Hugs, and they were good to go!

    ReplyDelete